OhMyGov has an immediate part-time opening for passionate social media blogger/researcher to contribute to a range of writing, research
and training projects. Candidates must possess strong hands-on knowledge of
social media and the blogosphere. If you're not already a regular on Facebook or Twitter, you're probably not our person.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved with a growing media company during its early stages. You
will gain valuable experience editing and distilling material as part of a
fast-paced, fun, committed editorial team of best-selling authors, government
executives, and university professors.
Tasks will focus on helping to find innovative social media
initiatives and best practices, outlining content, and drafting and distilling materials about social media. Most assignments will be short in nature but will
build toward a portfolio of work.
A regular part-time commitment of 10-15hrs/wk is expected, with the opportunity for more.
• Rising Junior standing or above, majoring in
Communications, Journalism, or a related field (This does not mean we are only
looking for college students.)
• Excellent grammar, editing, writing, researching, and
• Strong interest in social media and new media
• Ability to locate, digest, and sort through information quickly and accurately
• Ability to write quickly and effectively
• Passion for research and reading
• Some experience writing about social media
We operate a virtual office so the successful candidate will be self-motivated, autonomous,
and capable of working remotely.
Send resume, cover letter (indicating desired time commitment)
in email body, and a short, non-academic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org